2023 Docomomo US National Symposium
Complexities of the Modern American City
June 21-25, 2023
New Haven, Connecticut
Join us in New Haven, Connecticut and experience one of the country’s most densely woven collections of mid-century art, design, and architecture. As we take in this cultural epicenter, we will consider the triumphs and complexities surrounding the design and building of the Modern city and the impacts on our collective communities.
You must be registered for the Symposium in order to register for tours.
Note: As of May 1st, many tours are sold out. Please see the individual tours page to check availability. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be put on a wait list for a tour. Use subject line: TOUR WAITLIST REQUEST and include name and date of the tour.
May 18, 2023 Update
A new walking tour of Prospect Hill has been added to Saturday afternoon. Olsen House reception now has availability on Thursday evening. Visit the Don't Miss Connecticut page for additional events and tours the week of the Symposium.
AIA CEUs will be offered for all sessions and tours upon approval.
Wednesday, June 21
- Chapter Forum, Hotel Marcel, 2-4PM
- Opening Keynote, Yale Art Gallery, 5:30-7PM
- Opening Reception, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, 7-8:30PM
Thursday, June 22
- Sessions, Hotel Marcel, 8:30AM-12:45PM
- Walking Tours, Downtown, 2-4PM and 5-7PM
Friday, June 23
- Sessions, Downtown TBD, 8:30-11:15AM
- Closing Plenary, Yale Art Gallery, 11:30AM-1PM
- Walking Tours, Downtown, 2-4PM
- Closing Reception, Yale Center for British Art, 7-8:30PM
Saturday, June 24
- Morning Bus and Walking Tours, 9AM-12PM
- Afternoon Bus and Walking Tours, 1-5PM
Sunday, June 25
- Self Driven Tour, 10AM-4PM