A nomination is considered complete once the below materials and the submission fee are received.
1. Project Detail form
Name(s) and contact information of the nominator(s), design team(s), client, and owner.
2. Narrative (up to 1000 words)
The narrative should address the significance of the building(s), structure(s) or landscape(s), and the character-defining features that influenced the content or design of the project.
For Design and Inventory/Survey projects, please exclude the name of the firm or design team responsible for the project from the narrative description.
You must submit the narrative as a Word document.
Describe the team's design process and approach; considerations, challenges or opportunities that influenced the project; as well as the treatment of materials, assemblies, finishes and interventions related to the preservation of the integrity of the historic fabric. The narrative should also include a clear description, illustrated by corresponding images, of the defining features and materials of the original design, additions (if applicable), and current design. Projects featuring lesser-known or regional architects or designers (original design team) should include a minimal amount of biographic background information.
Describe how the project contributes to the advancement of knowledge and awareness of modern resources; the realized and potential impacts of the project in regards to furthering the understanding and awareness of the contributions of modern resources to history.
Describe the scope of the advocacy efforts, impact on the site and community and the result of the work. Advocacy efforts will be given equal consideration in the case of preservation, demolition and on-going efforts.
3. Photo Release Form
A photo release form and project detail form are required for a complete nomination.
- Minimum of six (6) images of the project subject, project itself, or a combination of the two. Image size must be at least 1MB.
- The first image is the project lead image. The lead image will be used by Docomomo US in all material related to the project. The image should be horizontal and at least 1MB.
- It is strongly recommended that design submissions include photographs comparing the original design, modifications made over time, and the project's current state taken from the same vantage point. You may combine multiple images on one page.
- It is strongly recommended that photographs of design submissions correspond with the description of the project in the narrative.
- At least one image should be a relevant historic image.
- Descriptions of the images and image credits should accompany the files as either as a Word document.
- Floor plans
- For design nominations, original and current floor plans where an addition or alteration has occurred are strongly recommended. A site plan and/or section drawings can be included if relevant.
- Additional Images
- A nomination may include more than the 6 images required below.
5. Nomination Fee
The nomination fee can be submitted online or by check. Checks should be made payable to Docomomo US and sent to PO Box 230977 New York, NY 10023. The name of the project must be included on the check.
$100 - Early Nomination Fee (must be submitted by May 6, 2022)
$150 - Nomination Fee (must be submitted by June 10, 2022)