Docomomo US is currently seeking qualified applicants to contribute to the ongoing leadership of the organization as a one year student board member starting on January 1, 2024, and ending on December 31, 2024. The term is potentially renewable for one year at the discretion of the board.
Student board representatives are expected to:
- Maintain Docomomo US membership at the Student level ($35)
- Participate in six to eight board meetings per year, with at least two of them in person
- Participate in one to two board committees including but not limited to Documentation, Advocacy, DEI, Communications, and Fundraising
Applicants must be currently enrolled students at an accredited university and can be majors in historic preservation, architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, architectural history, nonprofit management or other related disciplines. The position is open to currently enrolled undergraduates in their final year of study—either fourth or fifth years—or currently enrolled Masters degree candidates in any year. The 2024 application cycle will remain open until 5pm ET Monday, December 11, 2023.
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae – 4 pages maximum
- Letter of interest explaining your interest in participating
- Letter of reference from a current Docomomo US member – preferably a board member of either a chapter or the national organization
Please submit your completed application to email@example.com with the subject line STUDENT BOARD APPLICATION by 5pm ET on December 11, 2023.