Docomomo US membership rates for some membership levels will increase for the first time in three years. The increase will take effect beginning September 1, 2022, which is the start of the new membership year. New membership benefits complement the change.
Individual Domestic goes from $90 to $100
Dual Domestic $150 to $175
Friend $350 to $375
Student levels, International, Supporter, Patron, and Benefactor levels remain the same.
New membership benefits for 2023:
- Four new sites added to the Explore Modern Partnership - Beth Sholom Synagogue, Wharton Esherick Museum, the Neon Museum of Philadelphia, and the Dorothy Riester House at Stone Quarry Art Park. Members now receive reciprocal access and discounts to twelve sites total.
- Friend, Supporter, Patron, and Benefactor level members have the option to receive a welcome packet for the sub-members including a guide to membership and a Docomom US pin and sticker.
- Patron and Benefactor members can participate in a personalized "lunch and learn" session with Executive Director Liz Waytkus
How membership supports the organization:
- Membership represents roughly ⅓ of our operating income
- Membership supports two full time and one part time staff
- Membership allows us to speak out on behalf of threatened sites
- Membership supports programming such as Tour Day, the National Symposium, the Modernism in America Awards, and the newsletter
- Membership dues are shared with regional chapters to support local advocacy and events
- International level and above membership dues are shared with Docomomo International to support international advocacy efforts, the Journal, and programs such as the International Conference