Friday, October 6th
Guests will meet after lunch for an afternoon excursion. We will conclude the day with a wine and cheese reception. Dinner is on your own.
Saturday, October 7th
We will meet as a group bright and early and set off for our morning house visits. A boxed lunch will be provided and we will continue with an afternoon tour. Dinner is on your own.
Sunday, October 8th
Guests will gather in the morning for our last day of house visits. A boxed lunch will be provided and we will conclude with an afternoon tour. Dinner is on your own.
HOUSES AND SITES
The two and a half day tour to the Cape will include a number of house visits including but not limited to:
Cape Cod Modern House Trust sites:
- Kugel/Kips House by Charlie Zehnder from 1970
- Hatch Cottage by Jack Hall from 1960
- Weidlinger House by Paul Weidlinger and built in 1953
- Kohlberg House by Luther Crowell from 1960
Additional houses and sites:
- Chermayeff House and Studio from 1944-1960s
- Breuer Cottage (his final resting place) from 1949/62/67
- Lechay House designed by Hayden Walling from 1959
- Kepes House by Marcel Breuer from 1949
- Brodeur House design by Charlie Zehnder in 1977
- Mark House designed by Paul Krueger in 1966
- Mushroom House by Donald Jasinski from 1953
- Chapel of St. James the Fisherman designed by Olav Hammarstrom in 1957
The final list of sites will be provided one month prior to the trip.
There are a variety of excellent accommodation on the Cape for guests to choose and participate in the tour. Docomomo US recommends Endless Coast in Wellfleet for its proximity and reasonable accommodation. https://www.endlesscoast.com/
Each day guests will meet at the Dunkin coffee shop (link opens Google maps) in the center of Wellfleet. Address: 2393 State Hwy Rte 6, Wellfleet, MA 02667
Guests are expected to car pool each day to minimize the number of vehicles at each site. Cars with high ground clearance will be prioritized.