Student and Emerging Professional Scholarship Opportunities
Docomomo US is excited to offer a variety of student and emerging professional scholarship opportunities for the 2022 National Symposium.
Docomomo US Symposium Scholarships
Symposium sponsors can support students and emerging professionals by donating comped registration and tour tickets to our scholarship program. All those who donate to the Scholarship program will be recognized. If you are interested, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Docomomo US is pleased to offer student and emerging professional scholarships to participate in the 2022 National Symposium, Yo! Modernism: The View from Philadelphia, taking place May 31-June 5, 2022. Scholarships will cover the cost of Symposium registration, which includes opening and closing receptions, the keynote, and all sessions taking place Wednesday June 1 – Friday June 4, 2022. Tours and the Hassrick House event are additional.
Docomomo US Symposium Scholarships are available to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Enrolled in an American undergraduate or graduate program or graduated in the last five (5) years in one of the following areas: architecture, landscape architecture, historic preservation, architectural history, or planning OR
- Graduated in the last five (5) years in any field and is currently employed in a preservation-related field
- Currently living in the United States of America
To be considered, applicants must:
- Complete the scholarship application
- Provide a copy of current school identification or graduation certificate
The Docomomo US Symposium Scholarship committee will score applications based on:
- Responses to open-ended questions
- Demonstrated interest in the preservation of modern architecture, landscapes, or design
In awarding the scholarships, preference will be given (as applicable) to:
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds or in under-represented groups
- Applicants who have engaged with Docomomo US or Docomomo US chapter programs
Applicants will be notified via email on a rolling basis beginning April 4, 2022. Applicants should wait to register for the Symposium until being notified of the committee’s decision.
Send completed application and current school identification or graduation certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Symposium Scholarship" beginning February 22, 2022.