The votes are in! Docomomo US/Hawaii held a poll to see what 1970s buildings you most wanted tours of and the results are in. Out of the 28 buildings built between 1970-72 on the list, here are the top five favorites:
- Hawaii Hochi, Kenzo Tange, 1972
- Hawaii Loa College, William L. Pereira & Assoc, 1971
- Marco Polo, Lemmon, Freeth, Haines & Jones, 1971
- HGEA Building, Anbe, 1970
- Hawaiian Electric Company (Ward Ave), Au, Cutting & Smith, 1971
We’ll be creating short documentary films of each of the buildings, and premiering them at a virtual Annual Walking Tour event.
Mark your calendars for October 24th at 4:30pm!
More details coming sooon