Denver Modernism Week, now in its third year, is an annual event designed to celebrate the mid-century modern architecture, design, and culture that is prevalent in the Denver area.
From August 19-22, Denver Modernism Week will partner with several volunteers and presenters to bring you a series of virtual events. They will be fun, educational, and will raise awareness about good local midcentury modern design and architecture, the stories and people behind it, and the importance of its ongoing preservation. These include home and neighborhood tours, talks and slideshows, and more.
Like many annual events, the format change was necessary in order to foster the required social distancing to slow the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to future years where we can return to offering events that bring you up close and personal to the great architecture and design of mid-20th century Denver.
- Then and Now: The Art of Photographing Mid-Century Modern Architecture Today
Wednesday, August 19, 7-8pm MDT
- Twilight Tour: Littleton’s Arapaho Hills Historic District
Thursday, August 20, 7-8pm MDT
- Saving Modernist History: Restoration of the U.S. Air Force Academy Cadet Chapel and Air Garden
Friday, August 21, 12-1pm MDT
- Virtual Walking Tour: Mid-Century Marvels of Littleton Boulevard
Friday, August 21, 7-8pm MDT
- The Healthy High-Rise: Best Practices from Mid-Century Modern Multifamily Design
Saturday, August 22, 7-8pm MDT