In 1945, Drake University hired the firm Saarinen, Swanson and Saarinen to complete a campus master plan that eventually included Charles Medbury Hall and Oreon E. Scott Memorial Chapel, among several other buildings. Completed in 1955, Medbury is a two-story rectangular building with a reinforced concrete frame. East and west facades are covered in red brick, while north and south facades are curtain walls. Scott Chapel has one entrance, directly across the entrance to Medbury Hall. The two entrances are joined by a slate walkway with a metal canopy above. A symmetrical, circular building, Scott Chapel compliments Medbury Hall in its red brick finishing. A central skylight illuminates up the altar, a simple circular marble slab. The buildings sit approximately in the center of campus, signifying the role that religion played in the lives of students in the early 1950s.