Call for Papers! Planned Conservation of XXth Century Architectural Heritage
Planned Conservation of XXth Century Architectural Heritage:
A Review of Policies and Practices
October 30-31, 2009
On the one side the Conference will focus on the state-of-art of Planned Conservation: presentations and discussions will highlight researches, policies and practices necessary for an effective conservation of XXth century architectural heritage.
On the other side Como City Council will have the opportunity to present the program for planned conservation interventions on three emblematic case studies: Asilo Sant’Elia, Monumento ai Caduti and Fontana di Camerlata.
Papers may address XXth century buildings, sites or districts worldwide.
We invite proposals on all topics related to the conference theme:
- tasks, skills and structures of preventive conservation of XXth century architectural heritage;
- legislative frameworks, policies and means to encourage planned conservation;
- economic impact of planned conservation in comparison with cyclic interventions;
- inspection and monitoring as preventive conservation tools for architectural heritage;
- sustainability issues of preventive conservation of XXth century architectural heritage.
The Proceedings will be published on the occasion of the Conference, and the poster presentations will be included as long papers. The papers will be also published on the conference website.
Abstracts are to be sent to <info@