Docomomo US/Michigan (Docomomo US/MI) will support and expand Docomomo International’s mission to:
- act as watchdog when important modern movement buildings, sites, and communities anywhere are under threat
- exchange ideas relating to conservation technology, history and education
- foster interest in the ideas and heritage of the modern movement
- elicit responsibility towards this recent architectural inheritance.
Docomomo US/Michigan will:
- Raise awareness of the significance of Michigan’s modern resources and encourage their preservation and reuse.
- Build on the recognition of the importance of Michigan’s role in the modern movement through documentation, education, conservation technology and advocacy.
- Continue to support the role of SHPO’s Michigan Modern and augment the activities of other mid-century modern interest groups in Michigan.
- Add to Michigan’s statewide inventory of mid-century modern architecture, landscape, urban planning and design, and encourage listing of significant resources on local, state, national and international registers.
- Advocate for and assist in the protection of resources of the modern movement that are threatened with demolition, neglect, inappropriate change(s) or loss.
Deborah Goldstein, President
P.O. Box 725314
Berkley, Michigan 48072